Vga silencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Baseband Member
I have a radeon 9800 pro, I just ordered an arctic silencer for it and it should be here in a few days. I was wondering what clocks were you people who have it able to get?

dunno stock cooling i can overclock to about 400 but i just ordered this so well se when it gets here today aprently thermatake says i can safely oc to 435MHZ

no way. after about 411Mhz you start seeing artifacts. you cant make it much past this (core) without having really bad effects during games.

sithspawn said:
no way. after about 411Mhz you start seeing artifacts. you cant make it much past this (core) without having really bad effects during games.

It all depends on cooling my friend ;) and how much you OC your ram to if you use ati tool's auto clock thing.

definately not....you can cool it with liquid nitrogen if you want, but there is definately a limit to how high a clock can go before whats known as 'artifacts' appear on your screen. You watch, if you use ATi tool that is, it will get up to about 400-410 and stop because it will detect artifacts. I know this cause i have a Radeon 9800 Pro, with a watercooler block hooked up to it (best cooling solution available) and i can only get it up to 414Mhz core and 356Mhz mem before it starts detecting artifacts.

Now obviously i could keep manually overclocking it to anything i want (reasonable) and my water cooler would keep it cool. But the thing is, whats the point in having a 450Mhz core and 400Mhz mem if you cant see anything on your screen cause of all the crappy artifacts?????

Watercooling isn't the best cooling solution.

But sithspawn is right, there is a architecture limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom