VGA to HDMI?

williamwalters96

Beta member
I have recently been given a computer from a friend and it currently only supports a VGA out. I bought a monitor the other day which also only has VGA due to the HDMI ones being much more expensive. It is however full 1080p HD. I was wondering is it possible to get a new graphics card with an HDMI out then connect it to the monitor using a HDMI to VGA adapter?

Thanks

William,
There is a product on the market that can convert VGA signal to HDMI. The converter box allows you to convert a VGA signal and an analog audio signal into HDMI format. It will support resolutions up to 1080P (1600 x 1200 for pc). It can also convert component video signals to HDMI with the included adapter. They cost around 150-160 bucks
Or, you can get a new video card. Good Luck

VGA is being phased out, what model computer do you have? You could get a GPU that has DVI connections, that can use cheap $5 connectors that let you use a VGA cable on DVI, or HDMI on DVI.

VGA is being phased out, what model computer do you have? You could get a GPU that has DVI connections, that can use cheap $5 connectors that let you use a VGA cable on DVI, or HDMI on DVI.

I disagree with you, especially on laptops. All new laptops are still coming out with VGA out.

And that's because laptops are more commonly used on projectors and some of the older ones that schools use have VGA and schools can be a big asset and so they provide. However I am sure that VGA will eventually disappear along with the old AV cables for things like the PS3.

Most current projectors even still have VGA. But If they ever fully drop VGA, it will be HDMI, not DVI. Several notebooks already have HDMI.

Most notebooks still have VGA yes, but, the standard is being dropped, more quickly in newer systems than on laptops. Most laptops once came with S-Video and VGA, now they are coming with HDMI and VGA, but a LOT don't have VGA for one reason, it's rarely ever used unless hooking upto an older projector, but most people prefer HDMI these days when connecting to projectors due to sound.

Back
Top Bottom