VGA Coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Hey all, I just ordered a Zalman VF700-CU for my 7900 GT, to attempt to prevent my RAM chips (on the card) from overheating, thus stopping the artifacts it gains when set to its 'factory overclock' setting.

Anyways, I was just wondering how easy they are to install, and how easy it is to uninstall the stock cooler. Bearing in mind that I can build a computer, but am still not 'uber' experienced.

I'm also wondering whether I will have to wipe off any of the existing thermal paste on my card, as if so, I need to go out and buy some alcoholic wipes.

- cheers.

It's not that hard to remove a stock heatsink. Just squeeze the clips on the bottom and it's all good. The ramsinks are very easy to install, you just stick it on there and you need new thermal paste for the GPU. Pick up some AS5 and put a tiny little bit on the die and put the heatsink on. You can just use Q-tips and rubbing alcohol to get the old paste off. You might want to see if you can get a higher concentrate alcohol as it's better for the die but regular alcohol will do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom