Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
ASUS a7n8x Deluxe
AMD 2500+
1 Corsair 512 PC3200
MSI FX 5600 (256mb)
SB Audigy 2

Basically I figured this out, unless there's a problem with my mobo, which i really kinda doubt, the video drivers are conflicting somehow with the ddr technology... as i put in my first postings, i did a clean install of Win ME along with just the video drivers, 2 sticks of the ram were already in there, when i restarted, the system basically just stalled out when the desktop started up, with a gray background and not loading anything, when i take 1 stick out, it'll load up just fine. I hope this is enough info, if anyone can figure something out from this, my other postings were jumbled... thanks a bunch guys!

-Demalii

Ditch windows ME, then come back and talk.

That OS is so shitty Im not exactly sure why you wasted such a nice system on it.

I'm not 100% sure about ME, but win98(SE) had an issue with memory over 512. basically 98 would get all kinds of weird errors when a system used more than 512 megs of ram. This is probably true with WinME as well, but then again- WinME SUCKS BIG WANGS! (hehehe)

So my best advice would be to load up win2k or XP and solve your problem most likely.

Ok, so thats my 2 cents... ;-)

You hit it right Blue!!

win98/Me,, architecture does not support 512 and over well,,,

the architecture was not designed to ,, one option to try is to go into the performance properties and change the use of the machine to "NETWORK SERVER" ,, this may help as you are on the borderline with 512 ram,,

additionally,,I have 1 gig of ram,, when building the machine I was attempting to load win98se,, just to see it running i guess, not really sure why?? but it did the EXACT THING,, problem with video,, changed back and forth from ATI, and Nvidia,, not solving the issue, then on occassion it would boot and I had no CD ROM drive,,,

turns out that the GIG of RAM was the issue,, then reducing the ram to 384,, I had no problems,, My resolve was to do things right and get the best out of my AMD machine,, I put the GIG back in , and installed XP,, and am I ever happy now,,

Not really sure what I was thinking about 98se at the time,, must've been one of them "brain farts" we all get once in a while,,

cheers,

Ya i kicked ME out and put in 2k, working like a charm.. well more or less.. sound card issues now with popping noises (distortion) but i'll have XP soon and i'll load that up! thanks everyone for you help though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom