VESA Mount; Spacer Backplate, Extension Adapter (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeroplane22

Baseband Member
Hello all, have a little problem with a Tri-LCD stand.

I got a Triple-LCD stand (horizontal), and I made the mistake of assuming the left-and-right mounts would angle in the monitors flush with center, so I could view with peripheral or a turn of the head. Instead, it's just flat horizontal, or the two on the side get pushed back 5-inches.

So basically, the 2-LCDs are 5-inches away from flush with the center screen.

This is what I got: Triple/Three LCD Monitor Stand Free Standing up to 26"

You can see what I mean here, how they are not flush, and need an adapter of some sort to extend the side screens about 5-inches:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2q352y9.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas? If I could, I'd weld/solder something on, but I'm not capable. I'm just looking to do this in the most cost-effective, juryrig way.

I'm thinking some kind of backplate, like a box/brace, that can fasten 5-6 inch screws into the original holes. Does anything like this exist?

I ask because this stand cost me only ~72 USD. All the other stands I've shopped for, that would bring all 3 monitors flush and angled, cost about $300. Way out of my price range after already spending $80.

Could always check out a local hardware store and see what they have for spacers/screws. Maybe just some thin PVC pipe as spacers and long screws? I would check out what they have and go from there.

Hrmm, PVC pipe is a good idea, cheap and easy. I wonder how stable it would be, as thin as the VESA screws are. LCD's are new models, so they're not as heavy as they used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom