VERY wierd problem need HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liuliuboy

Beta member
I really need help with my computer. Here's what happened

I bought a new case from powmax a few days ago. I started to transfer my computer parts over to the new case. After all the transfer is complete and I plugged in all the system crucial wires (psu, power sw, HD) I hit the power button and the computer doesn't turn on. THe little green light on my motherboard is lit but nothing else seems to work. I double checked all the wires, reseated the RAM, popped the battery out and put it back in, used another psu and used another power sw button but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any clue on what's going on with my computer? Is it a busted psu or a broken motherboard? Please help! Thankyou in advance.

Seems like your PW isn't put on the right pins.....generally even if a part is dead be it motherboard, cpu, RAM, graphics card or anything like that, the mobo will power up, fans will spin etc..etc.. but it'll simply not post

Idk, me and my friend almost tried every single combination for the PW and it doesn't work. I used my other PW button with my old case and it still doesn't work. I used a screwdriver head and tried to jump it but still doesn't turn on.

I used a screwdriver head and tried to jump it
lol.....jump starting the computer.

You make sure that extra like 4pin square connector is plugged into your mobo assuming you have it....other than that I don't know what'd be going on as I've never seen a mobo just simply not do anything like that

I guess all else I could say trying is to make sure it's not grounding itself out in the case

lol ok. I'll take the motherboard out and try to start it up. Maybe i'll have to bring the computer to geeksquad or something if nothing else works. Thanks for the help =)

Good luck.....like I said seems weird that it won't simply do anything at all.......hope it all works out for ya though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom