very strange USB issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hybrid

Beta member
hi, i'm new here and i appreciate anyone who takes the time to try and help me!

i'm a rather enlightened computer user. i've been building and fixing them myself for a few years now, but this is by far the strangest problem i've had on my home machine.

i'm running an ASUS PC-4800E Deluxe w/ an Intel P4 3.2HT, socket 875.

for the first few months, the machine ran great. about a month ago, my USB devices stopped working. i would plug in and unplug them, nothing. it's as if they didn't exist. after a few minutes, i would get a USB error in the bottom right hand corner, where it usually says 'new hardware found' - and it would say something about USB error, and windows can't recognize the malfunctioned piece of hardware.

this happend to all my devices.. printer, webcam, keyboard, mouse, etc.

i formatted, and it actually started working again.

then two weeks ago, the same thing happened, only this time my machine suddenly froze, and upon a reboot, i got the same errors. i rebooted again, and as i went to plug in a usb device, the machine just froze. no indication of why, just a screen frozen, nothing even responding kinda deal.

i just formatted about 30 minutes ago, and the SAME thing is happening. upon connecting the device, the computer freezes and i'm forced to soft-restart.

it makes no sense and i can't figure out for the life of me.

PLEASE help!

thank you.

- will

All those little pins that are extremely hard to plug into the mobo, well, take all of them out and make sure that their cleaned out and put them back in. Try updating your bios also and set all the settings to default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom