A very strange problem, mobo beeping, windows jumping

Status
Not open for further replies.

xStevey_Bx

Baseband Member
My friend had a problem with their computer for the past week and it prevented them from using it withought removing hair. Every scrolable window would go directly to the bottom, and it would not be pulled to the top. It would not be smooth. It was frantic and you could hear the computer thrashing.

The mouse would then lag and jump and everytime it lagged there would be a beep and the computer would crawl like a snail. The beeping was like a short burst of about 15 in 5 seconds.

I wasnt sure what it was so I told him to ctrl + alt + del but there was no programs, and i ran ad aware and stuff and there was still no problems being found.

I restarted the computer and boot it in safe mode and the problem was still there. I got him to unplug the mouse and keyboard and boot the computer encase there was a fault, like a button stuck; but there was still no result.

I ran everest and i looked about and couldnt find much but when I ran the benchmarks there was no bandwidth reading or writing to memory. ( the my computer properties was showing the ram was there).

I opened the case and everything was covered in dust so i stuck the hoover in and gave it a good clean out. The cpy fan was FULL; you could pull the dust off. The memory had no dust near it though.

Do you know what was wrong with the computer becuase once the dust was removed it worked. Why would this cause this problem?

Thanks

the dust was prohibiting good heat transfer. and ontop of that if the cpu fan was that bad it was probally not moving as fast as it could. as for everest it probally didn't support the version of winbond the motherboard uses. and for the bios beep codes i think it was set off because of the risen temperature, and the bios probally wasn't set for a shutdown temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom