Very strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
Whoa...how wierd can wierd get? If anyone had read the post "Never fails...does it?", then I've got odd news. It all of a sudden decides to run...I got a Halo theme to my desktop, some games installed (Roller Coaster Tyccon, Rise of Nation T & P), and everything is running fine. The only things I did were that, in the BIOS, I altered the video aperture size from 64MB to 128MB, like what my vid. card is. Also, I had this thing called "Restore It!", and when I went into it, I went to the last point that my comp was working fine, until the ick started happening. I still get the annoying messages at the desktop, but I "x" out of them and everything works...it's like something out of the Twilight Zone or something...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sounds suspiciously like spyware, adware, a virus or a trojan horse. You might try AdAware, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Spyware Sweeper for the sypware and trojan horse part. There are some free anti-virus software places to try. You can go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp for a free scanner, but it will only tell you that you have something; the free scanner won't fix anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom