VERY bizzare issue with CPU alias

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
Right, I downloaded the AMD 64 driver from here (third one down): http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html, showed up in CPU-Z and Everest as a Newcastle core. Since then I formatted my HD... I re-installed the same driver, and it now shows up as a ClawHammer. WTF? :confused:

Unless it's a newer version of the driver which fixes some weird bug in the older version, which btw is probably the case as I failed to take note of the version I first used, I'm a little bit confused here... Can someone give me any thoughts? Thanks.

What about Everest?

Both programs are up to date anyway, but I'll try re-installing them...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

DoomUK said:
What about Everest?

Both programs are up to date anyway, but I'll try re-installing them...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't know too much about AMD cpu's and the cores. But I do know that you need up-to-date software for up-to-date hardware. I got a CPU that told me it was one thing, and when I updated the software it came back with the right core as it was supposed to.

I'll be honest here: When I bought my 3500+ I had no idea what core it was... :eek: :sigh: :umm: I know I know, shame on me

When I first installed CPU-Z, it read as a Newcastle so that is what I assumed it was. Is there even such a thing as a 3500+ ClawHammer lol? :confused:

Someone help! Please!

Scrap it. It's a Clawhammer. I looked at the CPU's package, and printed on it is the following:-

ADA3500DEP4AS
CAA2C 0506BPMW
1203814B5028S

Now the last two letters of the first line indicate the core alias, right?

AS=Clawhammer
AW=Newcastle
BI=Winchester
BN=San Diego...

Correct me if I'm completely wrong on any of this btw....

So, I guess I'm sorted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom