Verifying DMI Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas

In Runtime
At the bottom of my BIOS screen it says Verifying DMI Pool and it takes forever. one time it didnt take long but then when i was installing windows and it asked me if i agreed hit F8 and i hit it but it wouldnt work.

What motherboard do you have?

I once had a motherboard that always seemed to freeze here.

Try resetting it if it starts to take a long time. I want to see what your success rate will be.

What motherboard do you have?

I once had a motherboard that always seemed to freeze here.

It could be any number of things. The bad hard drive, bad cables, corrupt anything...
You might need a BIOS upgrade/re-flash (be careful).
Right off, you should try resetting the CMOS using the jumper on your motherboard. You know how to do that, right?

Check all your IDE cables, and even replace them if nessesary.

Can u explain to me how to flash and reset my CMOS using the jumper and what harm this could possibly cause?

I don't think you mean flash and clear at the same time, flashing, is like updating the bios, but clearing the CMOS is easy:

Just look...

a) in your motherboard manual
b) manufactures website for the motherboard manual
b) near the cmos battery on your motherboard

For a little jumper, which has three pins sticking outward, and a jumper linking the two.

Once you've found it, make sure your computer is off, then change the position of the jumper (the only other position possable) and hold the power button for 5 seconds, that will clear and reset your cmos.

Clearing the CMOS will simply clear all the setting in your bios, like cpu speed etc, but you can easily re-change that.

Flashing your BIOS, which is basically re-writing it, must be carefully done because if the computer loses power for some reason in the middle of the flashing process, then the bios will be permanently incomplete/corrupted and your computer will not work at all. Flashing is somtimes a last resort, unless you know that's whats wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom