VCR and Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgh10788

Beta member
I would like to connect a VCR to my computer in order to record VHS tapes to DVD's

Is there a way to do this? What kind of cables/hardware would I need?

You would need a video capture card of some sorts.. Not sure what any of the good brands are so you're on your own there.
Maybe check out www.pricewatch.com for some capture cards and compare them.

There is a thing called Dazzle thats supposed to convert analog to digital. my dad uses it for im not sure what but he says it works great.
I however have never used it, i thought it would be messy but he does somethin with it apparently, maybe ill find out.

My winfast tv tuner has video capture abilities. It also has the ability to record and watch it. Its a great price for all of it and comes with great software. Look for it on newegg for under 50US.

Is it easy and possible to take a video file on my pc and record it to a vhs in a vcr?

AND_YOU_ARE said:

Is it easy and possible to take a video file on my pc and record it to a vhs in a vcr?

It's quite simple if you have the right program. The only one that I know of (not that there couldn't be 15 others) is Pinnacle Studio 9. It's a video editing app that has the option to output your project to VHS. It should be pretty easy to get the file into a form that the program will accept. From there, the program just transcodes it to VHS compatible and prompts you to hit play and record. I've had to use it a few times when my dvd burner was acting up. Let me know if you need any more help with that.

Ya know, I'm not really sure. I've wondered that myself before, but that's the way this program chooses to do it. It may have something to do with a/v sync and the inner workings of a VCR and who the hell knows, lol. It's really not that painful though, so I haven't ever really worried about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom