Vantec Tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

Baseband Member
Hey, I've been looking at these things, I want one...two actually, and of course I would be hooking this up to some sort of fan controller. Just wondering, these suckers are loud, how bad are they at lower levels? Are they bearable at high speeds? I've been reading some reviews and I've been seeing comparisons to large, passenger aircraft. Is this really true or just exaggerated? I want them... even though one would probably be more than enough.

it's absolutely true. I have one, and shudder at the thought of two. This is why I'm going water cooling. Those things are loud and whiney as hell. I have a fan controller , sunbeam rheobus to be exact, and I generally run it about halfway, but still dude it's the most predominate sounding fan in the case even at low levels.

They work good though of course :p

If you want the power but not the sound of the Tornado's see if you have room for a fan adapter,It will let you put a bigger fan in the place giving you better airflow while cutting down on the noise level.

Hey Nubius if i EVER get the money im buying 5 of them things.... rofl imagine that.....

Man, you'll need to buy like 2 pairs of ear plugs, just to go in the room. lol. I wanna try hooking those up to my heatsink. lol.

charles_scott if you ever got that many you would have to keep them on real low,If you turned them on high all at once you would have to chase after your computer,It would be flyin down the street doin about 60 or more :p

to me noice is power so im getting one
but i might get one of those noice dampners just in case
haha
and a fan control
do yall know if the Spire PCI Slot Dual Fan Speed Controller
from frozencpu.com is any good?

charles_scott if you ever got that many you would have to keep them on real low,If you turned them on high all at once you would have to chase after your computer,It would be flyin down the street doin about 60 or more

AHAHAHHAHA!!!!!! Man, that's funny!!!!! Imagine that!

Big yellow blur going down the street rofl, no i wont be using a controller, just have them things at full power 24/7.... God ill never go to sleep lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom