Vanilla 6800 For $159!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone will complain/think about complaining about it being XFX, due to their bad batch, so no has a bad sterotype about them being DOA all the time.

That is a bargain though.

Yeah, I saw that deal too, and was thinking "wow... that's a good deal" or something along the same lines. :p

Trifid said:
Someone will complain/think about complaining about it being XFX, due to their bad batch, so no has a bad sterotype about them being DOA all the time.

That is a bargain though.

All of XFX's batch's are bad, I have had problems with 2 of their 6600GT's from completly different batches

If you don't want to deal with XFX, Monarch currently has a great rebate on the 6600GT PCI-E. $135 Shipped after rebates. Look at my $600 guide for the link. Pretty hot, 135 for a 6600GT IMO. Also, Newegg has a x800 for 145. A pretty good price and compares very well with the 6600GT on high resolutions AA and AF enabled.

yeah, i paid $195 with shipping for my eVGA 6800. still an awsome buy considering its cheaper than the original 6600GT MSRP of $200 and much faster becuase of the extra pipelines!

Depends on the faster part. 6800 has more pipes, but slower memory and cores. At higher resolutions, it will beat the 6600GT but at lower resolutions (1200/1024) its almost a tie. Ya, one good thing about the 6800 AGP is that it has like a 30-40% chance of being unlocked (pipelines). This will make it an awesome card if it can be unlocked. 16x pipes and overclocked Core with Memory will put it just a little behind the 6800GT.

Ya, one good thing about the 6800 AGP is that it has like a 30-40% chance of being unlocked (pipelines).
It seemed to be a lot higher when they first came out. From my readings that percentage is a lot lower now unfortunately...

would you guys recommend this card..i ordering a evga 6600 gt unless u guys would reccomend this instead???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom