ValueRAM- too sucky to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I just got an ASUS A7N8X-X motherboard and bought 1 stick of Kingston ValueRAM 512 MB PC3200. I checked on Kingston's website for compatibility and this is what it said:

"Using DDR 400MHz models:
Virtually any configuration up to 512MB can be reached using any combination of Kingston's 128, 256 and 512MB modules."

Does that mean that this 512 MB stick I have is all I'll ever be able to use with that motherboard? I think I'm understanding it correctly, but I'd just like to be sure.

Also, will this RAM even work with this 1 stick of 512, or should I take it back and get Corsair or Crucial or something?

no, i have 2 512 MB sticks in my mobo and am working fine at 1 GB DDR400 in dual channel. if you're momo supports dual channel, get another 512 stick and drop it in.

I did some checking for you and it supports up to 3GB DDR 400, so if you get 2 512 sticks *boom* you have it made. ValueRAM is just that...you can also get the expensive and good stuff which will increase performance in different things, but ValueRAM is good for everyday things. DDR 400 comes in alot of different styles.

If I could afford the better RAM, I'd get it :)

GameGURU, where did you check on that? I looked at Kingston's website and came up with that information at the beginning of the thread. It doesn't make sense to me though, why would you be able to use a max of 512 MB of PC3200? Am I looking at something wrong?

I'm curious about all of this because I've read some reviews of the A7N8X series having some trouble with Kingston ValueRAM.

Once again, you guys rocked. Thanks for all the help, and I promise to stop flooding the forum with my stupid beginner questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom