Value ram isn't always bad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
this is kinda off topic but i'd like to brag about it :)

it all started with me buying 2 sticks of kingston value ram at circuit city ($85 each w/ 35 rebate), totaling up to $184 plus tax and $70 rebate

my DFI lanparty ultra-d mobo spit out both pieces of ram and screwed up two hard drives (one of which was under warranty)

then i returned them and got a replacement; this time it corrupted my OS :(

so i brought them back to circuit city and got the full $184 back and bought new ram at fry's, which worked

and guessed what i received in the mail today?

two $35 checks from kingston

hey, i'll take 'em :p

Well, that $70 basically goes to replace your two HD's that got screwed although you said one was under warrenty and your OS being corrupted.

I just got my $25 rebate from WD the other day.....I sent that crap off back in november haha

i got $50 bucks coming someday for a wireless router, cable modem and a pci wifi card but who knows when those will show up. I got allt the stuff for $110 after rebates

well actually i'm still up $30 since the i've reused that OS god knows how many times and a new HDD for $40

How many times did you use your OS? My brother reformats a lot and used his OS a few too many times I guess and now the key doesn't work anymore. Apparently they have a certain number of uses and then it gives you a warning that it has been used too many times and it won't let you install. I had to let him borrow my xp home edition disk to install windows.

this is the fourth time i've used it (i have 3 OS cd's, 2 xp pro's and 1 xp home)

it still works, but windows update doesn't let me update to SP2 because the key was used or something like that

My brother got that when he used an illegal key he found on ther internet. But his legal disk won't even let him install much less update now.
That would suck not being able to update, I'm a security nut so I couldn't stand it knowing that I could be at risk because I can't get the security patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom