v-chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
no no no, heh. don't take my quote out of context. shoobie mentioned the borg collective, i was mearely appreciating that quote/phrase. i used to be a next generation fan.

i am just here to quietly read along and submit my agreements from time to time.

peace,
matthew

my god this has gone way past the v-chip. I wish I was mod damnit. This is another that should just be closed

antirem - ages 0-17 really wouldnt count becasue you are not thinking of world issues and not paying close attention to the area
Many would disagree with you there. A 10yr old can see a fair amount of the situation he/she is in despite not knowing the complete details of the upper-end realm. Also, one could argue easily that growing up through various cultures has a different impact on someone, than growing up all in one culture and then moving to another.
antirem - said in an earlier reply that you were going to F*** your girlfriend...
I can't believe you're STILL reading that in the wrong context. Now I KNOW you didn't read things right. :mad:
antirem - I dont think OhGrFreak meant this as an insult but he sadi you were a "borg collective" at one time.
It's astounding the amount you miss. OhGrFreak did not say I was a borg collective. Go back and read the bloody post! I'm beginning to wonder if you're able to understand the context of anything posted, now! I have no doubt you have a lightbulb up there, but is it switched on?
antirem - Shoobie submit and drink the Kool-Aid.
I never liked Kool-Aid. Especially when served by someone who just tried to insult me with another person's compliment.:freak:
Nubius - my god this has gone way past the v-chip. I wish I was mod damnit. This is another that should just be closed
You're right, this has gone way past the REMOVAL part of the V-chip argument (of which we have told him what to do about 10 times now). The argument hasn't left the V-chip realm, though, as we're still hammering on the censorship. :confused:

Speaking of hammers, anyone got one? :angry:

And I hate to ask this, but why am I the only one throwing my two-cents in? I'm sure there's other intelligent people in this forum who have experience in this, too.

I said that I knew that OhGr didnt mean it like that but i thought it was funny. Drinking the kool-aid... There was an assembly of god precher who went bad. He made it into a cult and they did something wrong (cant remember.. maybe they started sacraficing people) anyways when the cops came in they mixed poison in the kool-aid and 0ver 300 men women and children died... and they knew they would. Drinking the kool-aid means doing as your told by someone else. -i think that was in the 70's or 80's-

And I hate to ask this, but why am I the only one throwing my two-cents in? I'm sure there's other intelligent people in this forum who have experience in this, too.

Because no one else gives a damn. It's like two dictators declaring war over each other and then wondering why no one else wants to help.....because it's pointless....listen to killians signature

"If you argue with an idiot he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"

So how about you both shut up and drop it

haha, that was awesome!!! i have to thank you guys that was just a lot of fun. Its at least good to know that there are people out there who question things and still actually think.

Good call on the no-im shoobie! I think we all enjoyed it. And what diff does it make to everyone, if you dont like it dont read it. The original thread question was answered ;) so its function was served but what harm is one more or less thread?

antirem - I said that I knew that OhGr didnt mean it like that but i thought it was funny.
I know that's what you said now, but that's NOT what you said earlier.
antirem - Drinking the kool-aid... There was an assembly of god precher who went bad. He made it into a cult and they did something wrong (cant remember.. maybe they started sacraficing people) anyways when the cops came in they mixed poison in the kool-aid and 0ver 300 men women and children died... and they knew they would. Drinking the kool-aid means doing as your told by someone else. -i think that was in the 70's or 80's-
Actually, it was the cult who brainwashed a number of people, including several dozen teenagers, then told them one night that they were going to "transcend to a higher plane" and they had a little party...where the punch was spiked with cyanide by the cult leader. Another death-cult.
Nubius - Because no one else gives a damn. It's like two dictators declaring war over each other and then wondering why no one else wants to help.....because it's pointless....
You're probably right. Not many people in here like to express their opinions about this subject. I'd also be willing to bet that there's both a majority of forum users who "don't care" to read the thread to post, and a bunch who don't know what to post.
Nubius - listen to killians signature

"If you argue with an idiot he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"
You're right. I'm arguing with an idiot. Actually, two idiots. Don't think I've managed to get through to either of them yet. :confused:
Nubius - So how about you both shut up and drop it
If it's bothering you that much, you can shift off. Don't read.
FoxyLoxy - The original thread question was answered so its function was served but what harm is one more or less thread?
I agree, this thread needs to be moved to the general discussion area now that it's no longer involved in a hardware problem. Still, this thread is worth reading (I suppose).

Thanks Nubius I'll take your advice. Not that i think that he is a fool but he has a completly different philosophy so that we really are not debating but shouting out opinons. Arguing is when two people have open minded opinions and consider what the other said. Thanks shoobie for the good debate, I wish we could talk about this in person but it was fun. (the cult incident i was talkin about was one that had several hudred ppl, but there were probably several of the same thing)

well Mark, first of all, you may want to take CAREFUL aim when you dig into the computer, after all there is LEAD in there...and I wholeheartedly agree with your anti-fcc creed. why dont you just take off the plastic casing and look for a chip with some painting or engraving saying "V-CHIP" and a little notch wiht an arrow pointing to it saying "Place screwdriver here, apply pressure, and the Government will take care of the rest." lol.

(Whoa...i TOTALLY MISSED the next pages...i only caught the first page...then went to reply...its like arriving to a party 24 hours late...then saying "where is everybody?" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom