v-chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

antirem

In Runtime
Hi. Does anyone know how to remove a v-chip from a tv? Can I just yank it out or do i have to replace it with some other type of chip? The only reason I want to know is because im against the FCC and censorship. Thanks!

what is that a chip commonly found in new TV's so parents can controle what stations/ tv shows are alowable?

if that is what is there are might be some tutorials to bypass if u just do a google search, mayb.
----------------------------------------------
if thats not your situation, u know those things dont come with censorship options already enabled, or id imagine thy wouldnt.

Um... NO. I am very anti-fcc I think that the goverment should not censor what you watch or say. I think that censorship is a job for parents or your own morals. Besides if I really wanted pron and violence I'd use the computer where I could find much much more. So it would be pointless to try to get it from the tv. What if the V-chip blocks things that yo dont even want blocked or dont know about just because someone else said that it was morally wrong. If anyone can help and not comment please reply.

While I'm a 100% behind you on the fact that this isn't North Korea and we should be able to decide for ourselves what's okay to watch...didn't you know about the V-chip before you bought the unit?

Also, usually there's a way to turn the chip off through the unit's interface...usually with a password or something. Just plain ripping the chip out won't solve your problems, as it will probably either short the unit out, or the unit won't function without it.

Oh good. Then you've overlooked the chip implanted at birth in your left lower cortex...

...Oops...

Uh...Forget about that...

man the v-chip has been around forever. Southpark movie even featured it by installing it in cartmans brain so he couldn't cuss. You can't simply 'rip out' the V-Chip because more than likely it's a chip that you won't even be able to find. If you bought the unit, then the V-Chip is controlling nothing and you can turn off all functions of the V-Chip as simple as that. No need to get all 'Mad Max' about the FCC and want to go ripping out V-Chips, come on meow that's just ignorance. Turn off the chip via TV Settings.

"Um... NO. I am very anti-fcc I think that the goverment should not censor what you watch or say. I think that censorship is a job for parents or your own morals. Besides if I really wanted pron and violence I'd use the computer where I could find much much more. So it would be pointless to try to get it from the tv. What if the V-chip blocks things that yo dont even want blocked or dont know about just because someone else said that it was morally wrong. If anyone can help and not comment please reply."

I'm 100% behind you too. It's like giving out....dictatorship over the TV.

Um, turn the chip off and your tv will not be censored. OR... don't buy a tv with a v-chip? Sounds easy to me. I might have missed the point. I know you are anti FCC, and that's alright, I don't like censorsip either, but I'm not about to break my flat screen because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom