uv mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compy

Daemon Poster
i have posted this in the case mod section but i don't seem to be getting the attention i'm looking for. now i'm not talking about a lanparty board because they don't seem to have a 939 socket lanparty board. what i want to do is turn a non UV board into one. i've seen something where the guy did the whole board but not the ports, is it possible to do the ports? like where the pci slots are and ram slots? here is the link where i found the board mod at. http://www.overclockers.com/tips1029/ but i'm also looking at doing the slots like a lanparty board.

nope, becuase you're dealing with conductivity and voltage. notice the bit about heat. when voltage is introduced, the free floating electron (or loss) results in heat. spray painting those connectors may result in a fire. also, even though 0.00 shows, all things have resistance, and since modern cards and chips on them are so sensitive, you may wind up doing permanent damage, and probably will. I would suggest that doing the board as suggest on the site itself is risky, spraying the sockets (AGP, PCI, CPU) would be utter computer suicide.

on a final note, any boards you've seen that DO have the ports and connectors are using a special plastic molding done at a factory. Im not saying its impossible, Im just saying its VERY risky. do the next best thing instead. see if u can find a slot cover or protector to snap on instead.

shoot i thought so...is there any you can replace those slots or do you have to buy them built on to the board? i'm gonna write dny or what ever they are and tell them to make a good 939 socket lanparty board becasue i want one real real bad.

yup, i've seen those...maybe i could cut a hole just in the top...or i may just spray the out side of them. i know i'm going to do some thing of the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom