Using a TV as a monitor or display

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Radeon 9800PRO hooked up to a 17" CRT monitor and A S-CABLE hooked up to a 27" Sony TV. The CRT is my primary and the TV is my secondary display device. I only use the TV to play DVD movies or other movie files like DIVX, XVID or AVI's. The quality is fantastic only for that. If i switch the TV to my primary, it makes operating windows and applications extremely difficult. Hard to see. Even when i adjust the resolutions.

I know for a fact that the best way to teach people about PC's & OS's is by using a Projector. I Use one for my company when teaching staff about new programs and PC presentations.

Expensive, but the best option.

yes considering non hd tvs are in really low resoloution so it wont matter how good your vid card

persianxballer said:
Would the quality still be poor on a TV if you were using a really high quality graphics card like a 6800 GT?

As was said before, it mostly depends on the TV you have. If you have a new HD TV set that supports S-Video then the picture should be excellent (hardly distringuishable from that on your monitor). But if you have really old TV set or have to run from Vid card to VCR then to TV, the pic quality will be very poor no matter how good the quality of the video card on your PC is.

By the way, I have yet to try out the TV with a video card on the PC. Simply don't have the time anymore.

a dvd decoder card that show computer display too shows the best quality. unfortunatly most dvd decoder card only show dvd and mpeg files

a dvd decoder card and regular tv will make your dvd look like it's in high defintion. I use my computer more than my dvd player to watch dvds for this reason. when I use the s-video out on my nvidia card it don't look too good

Thanks for all the ideas, as these classes for seniors progress the tv will be to show digital photos the the seniors take. The larger screen shpuld make it easier for them to see the manipulations that the instructor is doing. This is small time low budget, just trying to make it enjoyable and useful for seniors that never had a chance to enjoy the wonderful digital world.. Thanks to all for your help.. Bob Johnson in Vermont

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom