Using an nVidia card for dedicated GPU PhysX Acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Remember a bit back when I talked about using one GPU to be dedicated to PhysX?

Use the Big 180 Forceware Drivers and navigate here:

selectphysxgpu.jpg

Then choose the GPU you want to be the "PhysX GPU"

Source:

AnandTech: NVIDIA Fall Driver Update (rel 180) and Other Treats

Re: To Whomever Asked..

no it'll just use the third card for physx. where as i think the 8800gt is physx and the 260 is just a single card.

Ya i'm going to use my 8800gt as my physix card whenever i get my x58 :)

what if you have sli enabled im guessign it wotn work like that itl just use physx on both gpus a lil bit.

Yes it will, unless you have a third card.

no it'll just use the third card for physx. where as i think the 8800gt is physx and the 260 is just a single card.

If you have three cards, then yeah. iIf you only have two cards in SLI, physx will run off both.

Nice! I wasn't aware of this. I'm just now replacing my older eVGA 8800 GTX KO's, For a new 275. So this is nice being able to at least still use one of the 8800's for something! Here I thought I'd just have two really big paper weights. (don't like selling old hardware)

While technically a necropost I will leave it be. ;)

It just came to light that Nvidia has set up their stuff to not work if the main graphics card (the one outputting the image) is not an Nvidia card. ATI is not happy, but says that this will actually hurt Nvidia. I can see their point.

While technically a necropost I will leave it be. ;)

It just came to light that Nvidia has set up their stuff to not work if the main graphics card (the one outputting the image) is not an Nvidia card. ATI is not happy, but says that this will actually hurt Nvidia. I can see their point.

I certainly can, idiotic and I'd have thought it breaks competition laws too.

But yes since ATI are doing well for price to performance their cards are getting more popular. If someone can't buy an ATI card and use a slightly older nvidia card for physX then nvidia sales may well drop, people will just decide to buy one very good card..and if ATI happens to offer the best card for the price...well bye bye nvidia sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom