Using Laptop while asleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsnyder100

In Runtime
I was curious about the Dell 700m I want to connect it to my Samsung 710n but did not know if you could while the computer is a sleep (with the screen closed)? Anyone who knows how i could use the computer with external keyboard and screen mouse ect. please let me know. Maybe a dock would work well but i dont know please let me know if anyone knows a soulotion.

P.S. I dont have the 700m yet but I want to know if using external accesories were possible while the computer was in sleep mode?????

I think you are mixed up about something. Just because your laptop has the screen completely closed does not mean it will automatically go into sleep mode or shut down. I would HATE that. I close my laptop lid all the time when i use it, whenever I put it down for a minute or stuff like that. You can configure your laptop to do whatever you want when you close the lid. For example, I have mine just do nothing. I believe this option is available when you right click the desktop and go to properties and then its on one of the tabs, with the rest of the power management stuff. The screen automatically goes off though, due to a physical switch, which is perfect. You could then use a desktop keyboard, mouse, and monitor with your closed laptop... I think this is what you're going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom