Using Laptop Monitor And Keyboard With PC - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2005, 06:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Using Laptop Monitor And Keyboard With PC

I have an Inspiron 2500 which was new in 2001. It has Windows ME and 62 MB RAM. It started saying operating system not found [sometimes also said something like replace the disk, but that one does not happen often] and making a clicking sound almost like something is loose a few months ago. I turn the power off, and restart it, and everything is fine. What is starting to worry me is that some time ago the hard drive started clicking while booting, then started doing it occasionally while running. It is currently working fine, at least at this second.
I was given an older but working Acer Aspire pc, and want to hook it up to my Dell laptop, to use the laptop's monitor and keyboard, until I can get a new hard drive for the laptop. Is this possible? The Aspire has Windows 98.
Closed Thread