Using 9200se for dual monitor setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

traviswrx

In Runtime
I was recently looking up info for dual monitor setups. I have a 9200se and was on www.ati.com. It says the card comes with drivers that are ready to support dual monitors. So, how do I hook up the second monitor? Sorry i'm a noob, couldn't find the info online. And my friends know nothing about comps, haha.

the card should have 2 inputs on it. from the pics I saw there is one dvi and one vga. plug in the second monitor. Go to display properties settings and advanced. should have the setting there. I prefer to streach deskto on to secondary monitor. Have fun.

not unless you have a monitor that supports s video or the yellow video input. Getting two vid cards to work together can be problimatic. iwould buy a card with dual inputs if you were to buy another card and just use the one.

Yeah, maybe Ill wait to someday when I get a 6600gt or the like. Thanks. Could I( temporarily) just hook a TV up to it for a second monitor? Kinda weird idea but better then a single monitor.

traviswrx said:
Could I( temporarily) just hook a TV up to it for a second monitor? Kinda weird idea but better then a single monitor.

No, its not better than a single monitor becuase of resolutions and depending on the size of the TV, placement would be bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom