Used KillDisk

Status
Not open for further replies.
curious, are you using a serial ATA or SCSI hard disk or is this a standard IDE disk? actually what is this killdisk program supposed to do?.....what i am thinking is this program actually does KILL the disk.

it might have low level formatting the disk which is why your FDISK cannot detect the drive. when you boot up or in CMOS setup does the BIOS detect your hard disk at all? it should read and list your hard disk model in the BIOS on detection. also i would like the link to your killdisk software.

i think i found it: http://www.killdisk.com/quest.htm as far as i can tell it does perform a low level format, its doe the same thing as BCwipe and GDISK. its just a disk wiping utility.

lazerman did you make and hardware changes to the hard disk like moving the power or data cable around inside the case? try going to www.bootdisk.com and download the windows millenium startup diskette. boot with it and run FDISK.

-edit
meant to say it does NOT perform low level format

Ok I have the hdd right here, it's a 10.2 GB AT Quantum Fireball lct 20 . Part number for Quantum QML10000LD-A.

I didn't move anything around, right now I have the hdd removed. I'll go download that bootdisk and get back to you.

right its a IDE disk:

• Series Fireball lct20
• Model Quantum QML10000LD-A
• Manufacturer Quantum
• Capacity 10GB
• Interface IDE ATA/100
• Buffer Size 512KB
• RPM 4400
• Average Seek Time 12Ms
• Average Latency 7Ms
• Bytes Per Sector 512
• Max Sectors 63
• Cylinders 16383
• Heads 1
• Disks 1
• Max Operating Temperature 55C

try the winME startup disk and use FDISK.

Ok, I'm gonna try that. First is there a simple way to remove everything off this floppy? I went to it's folder but when I do the boot disk thing it says there is still files on it. Is there anywhere I can go to format it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom