Use a Magnet to protect your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
A wonderful tip about a hack was send to me yesterday by Joe. It describes how to change the way a PC, or most other devices that use a power source, can be protected by by a simple magnet and some stuff that does not cost more than $5. All you need is a reed switch, a magnet and some duct tape. It does secure your pc as well from someone that wants to turn it on without your permission.
You basically cut the power button cable of the motherboard, install the reed switch (controlled by magnetic fields) in between and tape the reed switch to the front panel. Now, whenever someone presses the power button nothing happens. Only if you press the magnet against the case at the position where you placed the reed switch and the power button the PC will turn on.
This is of course a basic protection and someone who really wanted to access it could simply remove the switch again or replace the power unit in the PC. Take a look at the video below that walks you through the installation of the protection.

View Video here ---> Use a Magnet to protect your PC : Welcome To Tech-Dump

hahaha pretty cool, to bad my hdd are located about where my power button is and really dont wanna put magnets neer them...

Interesting concept, it's more to defeat some one who might have guessed your password an / or have access to password cracking software an physical access to your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom