use 2 soundcards with different software

Status
Not open for further replies.

martijn

Beta member
I have an onboard soundcard and a soundblaster live soundcard and I want to do this:

connect my tranceiver to the line in and the line out of the onboard soundcard in combination with some software

and use the soundblaster card for all other programs and the speakers and microphone.

I hope you understand what I mean.

the question: is this possible, and if so, how can I configurate this?

regards,

Martijn

I have another program which does support multible soundcards, but now I have a second question,

can I redirect de sounds that commes in at the onboard line-in, to the line-out from the other soundcard? is there software for?

thanks in advance,

Martijn

I have the same set up here with my icom 746 transceiver. The midi man 2496 pci for enhancing my audio output. And at one time I had the 2-soundcard working fine. The onboard sound and pci sound. It was great. Full duplex one card would transmit and the other would record. But the pc would just freeze a lot. And would make the system very unstable. I have not given up the idea of running 2 sound cards, the possibilities are endless.
Keep experimenting. I have my radio sounding like professional studio station with my set up. Good luck

Micro .. I disagree .. I have an Onboard Soundcard as well as a PCI soundcard .. n' both run perfectly fine ..

As for applications that allow multiple soundcards .. Tons of them do .. including Winamp , MMJB , Windows Media Player ..etc

hey you! i want some help!

i have an onboard soundcard, but no gameport. and now i want to buy a steering wheel! so i bought a second soundcard with a gameport. soundblaster live soundcard 5.1. how should i do when installing, i don't want trouble.. =)

Tobias

Just install the card on a free PCI slot .... Boot the machine up ... Assuning it's Win XP ... it shold detect the card by itself ..In any case .. install the drivers for the card .

Now if u wanna make this the default sound card then ...goto control panel ,,click on Sounds & Audio Devices ... Click on the Audio Tab ..Now just select the default sound card
Sound.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom