USB Problem....Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra_classic

Solid State Member
Greetings all,
"I have a T2892 with a AU31 mobo. I recently bought a Lexmark X4250 printer. All was well during the install in windows. Upon reboot the computer would hang. Specifically, it would stop the boot process at the "e"splash screen. No POST beep and I cannot enter the BIOS.

If I unplug the USB cable and restart the computer the system will boot fine. I can plug the printer cable back in and it works. Just cannot startup with it plugged in.

I have tried three different cables and also tried my Canon Pixma iP3000 and the same problem.

I have already RMA'd the board twice because of this problem. eMachines says nothing is wrong both times.

BTW. I have a logitech mouse plugged in via USB and it works fine.

I even tried a complete restore via the disk and installed the printer per the manufacturers documentation. The same result. The computer would hang a the "e"splash screen and I could not get into the BIOS. Removal of the USB cable and the computer will boot. I did not find anything in the Device Manager relating to a bad driver issue. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.
The Lexmark website is no help either. A google search did not reveal anything.

Any advice. I am comtemplating buying a new mobo. ASUS A7N8x-VM400 or MSI K7N2GM2-LSR. I would like to avoid having to do so."
Thanks in advance,
ultra_classic:(

Hmmm..... Are the pins all in the right order? Plugged in correctly? Maybe there is something wrong with the physical USB connector, the one that plugs into the mobo. How many usb ports do you have? Have your tried all of them? Have you tried the Lexmark printer on another computer? Try to boot the computer up, then plug the printer in when your in Windows.

You think so? I dont, but it is worth a shot to look at. Go into the BIOS and check your boot sequence. See if USB is first boot choice.

Greetings Him,

If I unplug the USB cable and restart the computer the system will boot fine. I can plug the printer cable back in and it works. Just cannot startup with it plugged in.

Have not tried the Lexmark on another machine; but also have the same problem with my Canon Pixma iP3000.
It's a real mystery.
Thanks for the reply,
ultra_classic

Greetings all,
Thank you so much... Him, DJ-CHRIS, and bronxblaza117. Geez I feel like an #ss. You were absolutely correct with your diagnosis.
Problem solved.
Thanks a million,
ultra_classic

You are quite welcome No need to feel like an ass, jusrt be rest assured that you will NEVER make that mistake again. If someone has a similar problem, the first thing to come to your mind now will be "Check the boot sequence!"

;)

I'm glad it worked, and your welcome.
-Bones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom