USB problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
hey whats up. well this is bugging me a lot. I have 4 usb slots on my mobo and i just got a mp3 player. I installed all the software that came with it and my computer is still not reconizing it. When i go and plug it in, it does nothing. Now i have my mouse and my printer plugged into the USB slots and they work fine. I even tried to remove the slot where the mouse is at and tried to hook up my mp3 player to that and it still does not work. Its the same thing with my digital camera. It does not reconize it. I dont know what to do... Can someone please help? is there like a setting in bios or somthing? thanks ALSO.. it says i have usb 1.1 but demalii told me that, if i have usb 2.0, i can use usb 1.1. Is this true? how do i check for what usb version i have?

you have usb 2.0, judging by your mobo . . .

you SHOULD be able to run 1.1 . . .

but if he already went to 2.0, he won't be able to run usb 1.1 as the mp3 player and the cam shows

heh i got it to work! all i did was uninstall my usb hud cause it had a error message on it in device manager. Went and uninstalled it, restarted and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom