USB and onboard soundcard not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctlphd

Beta member
I was having a problem with my home-built AMD Athlon 64 3400 not booting into Linux, so I figured, while it was down, I'd transfer everything to the new case with power-supply I had just bought.
When I got everything installed and ready to go, I no longer had the problem of the system not booting, but I have two new problems of no USB devices working and no soundcard working, either in Linux Fedora Core 3, or Windows XP Pro.
The mainboard is a K8T Neo2 Series ant the audio is provided by a Realtek ALC850.
Do the USB and audio cards have something critical in common, such that they would both go out? Same power supply? Location on the board? What's the most likely cause of these two things going out together?

Yes, drivers are installed

Drivers are installed in both Windows and Linux, which is why I believe it's the hardware. Everything was previously working fine. When I attempt to go into Linux, it actually asks if I want to uninstall the drivers because the hardware is no longer detected.

It was in the BIOS

When I reset the BIOS, it defaulted to USB controllers off and audio off. I was having trouble even viewing the BIOS earlier due to hanging of the system every time I tried, so I missed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom