USB Keyboard/Mouse or regular circle connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPonder14

In Runtime
I just finished building my Computer(my first time). I need to buy a keyboard and mouse before i start the baby up. can i purchase a usb kb/mouse? I ask this because don't you need to install both devices before you use it? That would mean i wont be able to guide through Windows XP Setup.

Its probably a dumb question but i dont want to buy a usb mouse/keyboard then realize it wont work untill i install it(which i cant do if i havent installed Windows yet!!!

Appreciate the help.

I don't think you'll have any problem with that. I have a USB mouse and haven't installed any driver. The only problem of USB mouse/keyboard is that you occupy one USB port that could be used to connect other devices, but there are ps2/USB adapters that you can use.

What I do, is use the keyboard from another computer, and use that, until I can install the USB keys and mouse.

What I do, is use the keyboard from another computer, and use that, until I can install the USB keys and mouse.

know where i can buy a keyboard with a circle connector?

nm: ill just gamble. Hopefully it works with a usb mouse, and keyboard

Can't you use the keyboard, you're typing on right now? Or are you using the USB keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom