USB headset becoming troublesome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squish

Beta member
I recently upgraded from a terrible flimsy headset to a not so terrible USB fatality headest. Style points aside, I think it's quality is great (for its price). There's just one problem, and its a very annoying one. The USB plug sometimes loses connection as I'm moving around in my chair and when this happens sound goes out until I reload whichever program is using the sound. Basically, anytime I move around or my chair pulls slighty on the cord I have to close my game, movie, browser, or whichever program I need to hear asap.

The loose connection is one problem, but the fact that sound doesn't restore itself until I close then repon programs is pretty bad and makes me never want to use USB headsets ever again. Is this how all USB headsets work?

This is how any USB device would work. They are not made so that they can be wiggled and moved around once inserted. Well there is some wiggle room, but you must really be doing some major wiggling in order for it to lose its connection. I know that i wiggle my Thumb Drives and that a bit, but never so much that i lose the connection.

You might consider getting an extension. Something with a male and female USB ends on it so that you can plug in the headset to that and give your cord more length to it so that if you do move around, your not pulling at the connection to the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom