USB Drive displays extra virtual floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Rider

Baseband Member
I received a 128mb flash drive as a promotion gift. When using the drive it used to have a piece of software called USB Drive Pro which was on a virtual floppy drive. I didn't have use for the software so I formated the virtual floppy drive. I'm now stuck at trying to figure out how to get the floppy portion to dissappear entirely leaving only the usb part. I've attached an image of what I'm describing. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

usb4xb.gif

Have you tried restarting your pc? Maybe its something that can be fixed on its own. Seems kind of obvious, but I find that many people skip over the simple things and try to hard too fix a problem. For example, myself :D.

Yup, I've tried unplugging the drive and replugging. As well as unplugging, restarting the comp and replugging, but the extra virtual floppy drive is still there.

I am no expert, so I guess I'll have to leave you hangin' until the pros arrive. Sorry I couldn't help:( .

Unplug it and then in the bottom right of your screen should be a little icon that when right clicked on says "Safely remove hardware".....you should actually do that before unplugging the drive...that should get rid of it.

My drive does the same thing. Just leave it, because you can't get rid I don't think. It's doing no harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom