USB connection Vs Parallel cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug R

Baseband Member
I recently bought a Canon Ip4000 printer that has given me nothing but trouble. I.e.: Web site pages are fractured with strange looking printing and wrong colors. And no, the cartridges are installed correctly. Photos usually print okay but have fine vertical lines every quarter inch or so. Any attempt to print a web site page results in multiple sheets of paper to print only one page. The printing can be only 1/4 inch to 3 or so inches each sheet and the sheet is kicked out of the printer to resume printing where the previous print left off. It has actually used 11 sheets of paper to print what was supposed to be one page! I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver many, many times to no avail. I read a report that someone else had a similar problem with this printer and solved his problem by switching from a parallel cable to a USB cable connection? What difference would that make? Has anyone else had such a problem with this printer? I like the individual ink cartridges but that means nothing if the printer itself is junk.

Problem corrected.

For anyone else having the same problem, going to the Maintenance tab, and clicking on the Custom Settings, unchecked the box set to the default "ECP" mode. That corrected the problem with printing from the internet. Now I'm wondering what ECP stands for?

Still working on the fine line problem.

Thats one of the parallel port protocols or modes, there's epp,ecp, and another one that escapes me at the moment, anyway, ya that happens, sometimes its the motherboard, sometimes its the device, one of the two has got issues with standards compliance and that driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom