Usb 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'twould be nice tho, especially if it was as fast as say...firewire or Cat6 Ethernet. Too bad more components weren't "ethernet compatible" lol, just plug it into a hub and share the device or w/e, that'd be awesome.

I think USB should become the standard for everything. Make speakers USB, make ethernet into USB, all that stuff. That way instead of having to have all these random ports on the back of the computer, just put like 16 USB 3.0 ports (when 3.0 comes out) And You could plug anything anywhere and it would work. Would make computer setup easier for home users with no experience, although it would reduce the extra cash flow i recieve for plugging in keyboards and mouses for dumbasses ;)

USB wont work for speakers*, and USB is a bad idea for internet due to it's low speed, and limited distance.

I dont see USB taking over ethernet for networking anytime soon for 2 big reasons:

1)Ethernet and USB are so different that it would cost waaay to much to roll out USB in place of Ethernet.

2)Current USB standards say that a USB device cant be more than 5 metres away. Ethernet (with Cat5 Cable) can run for 100m.

Also, IBMan, Cat6 is a standard for Ethernet cables, not for actual transmission speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom