US components in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

xStevey_Bx

Baseband Member
If i was to buy a graphics card from Newegg and have it sent to my friend in america and have them ship it me me in the uk would I be able to place it in my UK bought motherboard with no problems? Would there be differences in the US construction to a UK graphics card of the same brand?

That is sorted out by the PSU.

It will be the same 12volts in the US and UK.

It will be annoying if it requires a RMA though.

google define: RMA

Return Materials Authorization is frequently used to refer to all returned product, whether authorized or not. RMA administration typically requires the company receiving the goods to identify the goods, reimburse the person who returned the goods, and finally to sort the materials into three groups: Store-and-use-as-is, rework, or scrap.

If you trust ur friend, tell him to remove the original packaging and test it out on his computer.. Of course, then its "his" word with respect to the vid card being "new" ;)

In anycase, u can always just use the manufacturers warranty instead of going through newegg if it breaks.

My friend testing the product wouldnt do me much good because their computer is built from American components. The reason I want to go through all this trouble is to avoide the high UK prices and extra charges such as the 17.5% Value added tax.

I don't think it matters man. The PSU should take care of any line voltage issues. I don't think there is any such "american", "UK", issues. A part is a part. If it takes 12 V, it takes 12 V :)..

The PSU is what u need to be careful of. My PSU works with both US/Canada and UK lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom