Urgent help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawzer

Baseband Member
I'm installing a new motherboard and processor - ASUS A7V8X-X with AMP 2500 XP. I've inserted the motherboard, connected the processor/heatsink/fan, conncted drives and PCI boards. Last I connected all of the power cables and pin connectors. When I try to start the machine everything lights up but the CPU fan doesn't start, so I switched it off immediately. Any idea why the fan wouldn't work? I tested the fan in a different machine and it works fine. I also tried a good fan in the macjine but it didn't work.

Thanks
Gary

Thats probably the problem. You would need at least 300 watts to run a computer with an XP processor. You might want to look into a little more heafty PSU, maybe 350 or 400 watts.

oooh.. for that type of comp you are going to want at least 300W perferably 330 or 350W. I run the same MB and more power will probably solve the issue.

Thanks I try that. I have another PC that has a 300W PSU. I'll try swapping. Cheers.

Back again. I just tried swapping over to the 300W, but still got the same result. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom