Urgent HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

s10237

Baseband Member
Ok, my brother used my computer yesterday. I an running XP dual boot with Linux. I go to boot up and everything powers up correctly. I have a dell. The first screen is the loading screen it has the bar going accross saying Dell or something then. After that screen I get a black screen saying my BIOS version and then it says enter password then press enter to enable security something. and the next option it says enter pass wprd and press control enter to disable securty pass. something along those lines. I have never set a password nor has the person using my PC. Can anyone help I think it may be a hardware problem. When I just hit return nothing happens just says enter password. And when I push random letters to see the result it always says I entered the password incorrectly more than 7 times and says halted, power off computer. The thing is I only tried a pass word once no where near 7 times. I dunno. what i do no is that Dell sucks

if its the BIOS password it can be removed just follow these steps
1. open your case.
2.locate the battery and remove it for about 10 secs and place it
3. your bios will be cleared and the password removed
(if you have a BIOS clear jumper it will do the same)
PM me if you need more help

If 10 seconds doesn't work, go for about 1 minute, I've heard it takes up to a minute.

-SkyHi

Just to make things clear....Hardware cannot setup a password. This is not a hardware issue. Only software can do that, which leads to the fact that your brother dorked around with your system and now yer screwed (slightly).

If the COM-battery reset doesn't help, you'll need to pull a Vyvyan on your brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom