URGENT AGP slot Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabador

Baseband Member
ello all,
i just bought an ati radion 9200 n i need it right away for a big project for school. unfortunitly my mother board dosent have a agp slot!

is there something i can get to install it?

thanks in advanced
zabador

unfortunatly, no.

Without an AGP slot, youd have to get an entire new motherboard to use an AGP card. I recommend returning it and getting the best PCI card you can if you need it riiiiight now.

ok took it back n bought a pci but now i got a new problem...
the new card is a g-force fx 5200 and i cant get my monitor to work on it. every time i plug my monitor into any of the monitor ports my monitor acts like its not connected to anything (goes black n green light goes orange) ive checked to make sure the card is in properly, re installed drivers, but nothing seems to work.

what am i doing wrong?

i found something like that in my bios, video shadow or something. disabled it n it didnt help.

found something interesting tho, my monitor's light goes green when its not pluged into anything. and goes ornge when pluged into the new vid card.

in the properties option it has my monitor associated with the on board vid card, how do you switch?

ok i found the thing in bios but as soon as windows xp installizes neither work but in dos only the nividia works. how do i switch video cards in xp as well?

i was thinking the disable propertie in the device manager. the book says somthing about uninstalling the onboard one but i kinda warry about that. any ideas would be nice.

Go in to windows while the onboard is enabled - uninstall the onboard video card drivers then restart your computer - Disable in the BIOS then shut off again - Plug your monitor in to the newvideo card and it should work fine.

same effect as before. when i booted it back up the onboard vid card has reinstalled itself. perhaps that has something to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom