upgrading to play WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk13

In Runtime
Hey, everyone!

Lately I've been getting interested in the WoW game. Although I'm not sure if my computer can run it flawlessly.

Specs:

Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz CPU
256 Ram
32 MB GeForce 2 Video Card
Windows XP

Now. According to the web-site, I meet the requirements (barely), to play the game. But, I played in the stress test, and it was occasionaly choppy in populated, or big areas. So, what I'm wondering is, what can I get to make the game run perfectly? My motherboard is a ASUS P4S333 (means nothing to me). So I'm wondering what RAM and video cards will work on this motherboard. Don't worry about a budget, just as long as the video card doesn't exceed $200-$300.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

edit: the motherboard book says it can take 184-pin unbuffered non-ECC PC2700/PC2100/PC1600 DIMMS...for RAM.

welll get 1GB of ram, and a 6800gt i dont know if your vga card is AGP or PCI-E. So tell and i can get you a link. 200-300 you can play very well i got a friend that just did this lol. you can also get a better mobo give the socket.

man if i was you i would get a new mobo to paly WoW not the greatest. i man if you give a budget and you cpu socket. i and others can get you a nice newer computer or if you still want upgrade.

honestly your best bet is to just save up some cash and build a whole new system. In the 200 300 for a video card your gonna be looking at the 6600, 6600gt and the 6800. Dunno whats in that price range for ATi series prolly the x700. And you need atleast 512 mb of ram, but 1 gig is a defiante help. And your CPU will bottle neck everything, if you do decide to upgrade.

Wow! That was hard to read, heh. Umm, it depends on the price of the newer computer. Because this computer is going to be a gaming computer. Mainly one that I don't want to upgrade for another few years atleast so I can still play wickid games without upgrading it. But, what kind of newer computer are we talking here? I don't need the moniter or anything like that. Just the CPU itself. Thanks.

Dark_Sniper* said:
a Gaming Computer. Do you want Intel or AMD, AMD would be alot better for gaming .

Whatever you think is best for gaming. Go with the AMD if you think that that is the best choice.

p.s. Do you have MSN or AIM, so that we don't spam the crap out of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom