upgrading old celeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyBaby

Solid State Member
I know this computer is old but i just wanted to experiment with it... its 366 mhz celeron processor with 128 mb of ram... in your opinion what do u think is the max u can get out of this comp... wat i mean in that is wats the biggest processor do u think i can fit on there and the amnt of ram i can put in there ... and a good video card... on the same mother board.... its a hp brio by the way

If it were me... I'd shove that thing in the cupboard/fireplace and buy a cheap Athlon XP or something.

But if you want to make good use of it, best to check places that sell celerons, and look into your motherboard. It probably has a max cpu that it'll take.

i have another laptop that i use but i just wanted to see how much this pc could take.... but if its not worth it then i wont mess with it! but if anyone has suggestions then do lemme know

Best bet is to go to Mobo Manufactuer & get the Spec's for that Particular Mobo, Check out the Maximum config for it as far as CPU goes. Ya ain't gonna do much with a Celeron though. Also check with Overclockers.com & see if they have any info on it.

the best thing is to start over, the chances are that the manufaturer like many businesses wanted to cut cost, so your motherboard is probably maxed out

I wouldnt say maxed. I had a al440lx motherboard that had a 766mhz celeron in it. How? I used a powerleap pro adapter so I could use socket 370 chips on the slot 1 motherboard. Worked great. Now I switched over to my new soyo board...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom