Upgrading next week, last question (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

huck_finn

Baseband Member
I'm getting ready to buy all my stuff for my upgrade... I was originally going to get the AMD 64 3000+ Venice, but now I'm thinking of the 3200+ Venice just for a little extra kick.

Is there enough difference that I should go with the 3200+? Or should I put my money towards something else like RAM? The 3500+ is more than I wanted to spend, but the 3200+ seemed like a good middle of the road option.

Thanks in advance!

are u overclocking or no?? if ur not overclocking go 3200+ but there is not really a big difference in speed between 3000 and 3200 and take the money and buy a real nice overclocking board or some after market cooling mainly for the cpu a nice zelman 7700
so i would say 3000+ with the zalman7700 and then u can overclock quite a bit if u have the money for a dfi go for it but dont worry about it too much

I do plan on overclocking a little. It's new to me so I want to try it out and learn it a little. And I did switch my heatsink/fan per your recommendation to the Zelman 7700 two tone. Is there any difference in getting the all copper?

This is the board I was planning on getting. I'm a newbie to this stuff, so I dont need a ton of options, but I would like to do some basic OC'ing.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128283

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom