upgrading my cpu soon. or should i not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a downgrade.

The 2500 is roughly equal to a 2.5GHz Intel. A 2000 is equal to a 2.0. A 3000 is equal to a 3.0.

All of these are minimum, as the AMD's usually surpass the Intels.

no offense but i really really do not recommend intel.... as far as what u do i dont know but stay with amd man ull thank me later. =]

I WOULD BE DOWN GRADING? I THOGHT GHZ COUNTS THE CPU IS 2.4 GHZ AND 1MB L2 CACHE AND MY CPU IS 1.8 GHZ 512KB CACHE YES I KNOW I DO NEED TO UPGRADE OTHER STUFF BUT IM ALREADY UPGRADING MY MEMORY TO 400MHZ DUAL CHANNEL AND MY VIDEO CARD TO A EVGA 6800. AMD IS STRONGER THAN INTEL HOW?

well then what should i upgrade my athlon 2500 to? 3200? would bringing it to 3200 be worth it? or should i go with like 3000 64 venice core and overclock. im not sure what do u guys think i should upgrade to? around 130$$

first off....slooooooow doooooooown

second off....for 130 bucks are you talking about ONLY the processor?
processor, the venice runs just over $140, but that would also require you to buy a new mobo because of the 64 bit technology.

the 3200+ soket a woudln't be a bad choice. it's definetally better than your 2500 you currently have, though the socket A technology is starting to decay faster now. but, you wouldn't have to buy a new mobo (assuming it support it already), but since you have mentioned what kind of mobo you have, i can't help you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom