Upgrading my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk13

In Runtime
Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but I'll post it here anyways.

Now, I'm thinking about buying the game, World of Warcraft, but I don't think my computer can run it.

Microsoft Windows XP Home edition
ASUS Motherboard
Pentium 4 1.6 GHZ
256 DDR RAM
32 MB GeForce 2 Integrated video card

Now, I've got a budget of about $300. So, what's everyones suggestions to what to buy for the game to work without any choppiness or lag. Thanks

~Dan

Your computer can run it. Ur computer meets the minimum system requirements.

In terms of upgrades, u can upgrade to 1gb of RAM for an incredible system boost. Now, this might cost around 100 bucks. So this leaves u with 2 options:

1. Buy a better processor. This will increase system performance incredibly but u will still play with craptacular graphics. But it will play very well.

2. Buy a graphic card. This will increase graphic power, however, it might lag sometimes, or well, yeah it will lag. :eek: U can buy a 6600GT with your 200 bucks, which right now is a very good buck for buck card. Or u could buy a x700. The x700 will be cheaper, but the 6600GT is better. But, u really should'nt think of anything "too" powerful right now. Ur system isnt all that great so go witha x700.

I played the ST (stress test), and some of the open beta. But, I was wondering if the choppiness I used to get on the stress and open beta, was just due to huge amounts of people playing on the server all at once? Or was it actually my computer and I really should carry out with upgrading the computer. Or, should I risk it and just buy the game and see if it works or not? Thanks a bunch everyone!

who ever said that his computer can run it the way it is... ( im too lazy to scroll up) is wrong.. well.. technically there right.. but.. in the computer world.. always go one step further.. never minimum

True. And ur lagging problem is due to insufficient RAM most likely, and ur slow CPU isnt making it better. So upgrade ur CPU and RAM , wait for Vid Card later. U wanna be able to play the game, not have it look amazing and not be able to play it. :cool:

Arumuni said:
True. And ur lagging problem is due to insufficient RAM most likely, and ur slow CPU isnt making it better. So upgrade ur CPU and RAM , wait for Vid Card later. U wanna be able to play the game, not have it look amazing and not be able to play it. :cool:

hmmm. I think I'll just stick with the RAM. The CPU should be fine enough, it's twice as much as the minimum req. So I'll entrust it to do the job. Hopefully just the RAM will let me run the game. The graphics look good enough as it is, I don't need a VID card for now.

p.s. thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom