Upgrading mouse: Optical or Laser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkf76

My Swag is on!
I currently have a Creative Optical 3000 mouse, it's about a year and a half old, nothing wrong with it except for the cord. It just gets in the way sometimes and it's starting to aggravate me so I think it's time to go with a wireless. I don't do any gaming, im just a net surfing, music burning kind of guy. The only two surfaces I use the mouse on is my desk and by bed, my optical performs well on both surfaces with no problem. Laser is the newest technology, but is it overkill for me or is it worth the extra money?

apokalipse said:
if you want to go wireless, either get an MX1000 or G7 from logitech
Thanks for the suggestions but my question still remains.

wireless is usually not very good. I have a creative wireless optical mouse, which works, but not always as I want it.
the laser on the MX1000 and G7 is not the only thing that makes them better than other wireless mice. the wireless connection is a lot better.

but they are not exactly cheap as far as mice go. whether it is worth it really depends on your wallet size.

i suppose that the biggest thing that will have an impact is games, or some precision photo editing. if you don't do that, you won't notice as big difference to someone who does.

apokalipse said:
wireless is usually not very good. I have a creative wireless optical mouse, which works, but not always as I want it.
the laser on the MX1000 and G7 is not the only thing that makes them better than other wireless mice. the wireless connection is a lot better.

but they are not exactly cheap as far as mice go. whether it is worth it really depends on your wallet size.

i suppose that the biggest thing that will have an impact is games, or some precision photo editing. if you don't do that, you won't notice as big difference to someone who does.
you have the creative 3000 optical wireless? I'm thinking about getting that one but you said it gives you problems, please explain. I just surf the net mostly on my computer, listen to music, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom