Upgrading Laptops ... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Question Upgrading Laptops ...

Hello guys,

I want to upgrade my laptop and I was wondering, how would I get access to my motherboard?

These guys had the same laptop as me and they fitted an ATi Graphics card ( something like 9700 or 9800 ) 128mb, they fitted up to 256mb ram, and put an Intel P4 Processor @ 3.06Ghz with Hyper Threading Technology in it.

I WANT TO DO IT!

Here are my system specs ...

2.8GHz Intel Celeron 4A
64Mb ATi Radeon 7000 IGP ( < Intergrated i think )
192Mb DDR Ram

Thats just the main bits n bobs really, the things I want to upgrade.

I just need to know how to access my motherboard and everything else.

Thank you for all your help and replies!

ZED

\" When those two tracks fit together to make the perfect harmony and the adrenaline of the crowd makes you fall to your knees, making your eyes water because your caught up in the moment.... thats when you know you are a real DJ \" - DJ Dayle
Old 11-08-2004, 07:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Usually you can access the mobo by removing the keyboard. My ACER allows you to install RAM from an opening in the bottom though, so you may want to check the manual if your installing RAM

Unfortunatly, I don't think you can update the graphics on your laptop, because A(it has integrated gfx and B(only high end, brand new Dells and Alienware's have swappable GFX cards

<marquee scrollamount=4 bgcolor=\"#000000\">Desktop: 3.0ghz HT 800fsb P4, Chaintech 9CJS Zenith, 2x 512mb GEIL Dual Channel DDR400, 80gb 7200rpm ATA HD, Sapphire X800 XT Platinum Edition, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 THX Speakers, Turbolink 420watt PSU, Black 19\" Orion Monitor, Logitech MX Duo and Win XP Home</marquee>
<marquee scrollamount=4 bgcolor=\"#000000\">My Wishlist: 74gb 10K SATA Western Digital Raptor...</marquee>
Old 11-08-2004, 09:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pavlyk

Hmm, I don't know but I have the feeling that updating/modifying your laptop's hardware may get it f****d up. I would experiment on a usefull laptop first
Old 11-11-2004, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

ok cool cheers guys
\" When those two tracks fit together to make the perfect harmony and the adrenaline of the crowd makes you fall to your knees, making your eyes water because your caught up in the moment.... thats when you know you are a real DJ \" - DJ Dayle
Closed Thread