Upgrading computer help

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1Nj4

Beta member
I recently got an old computer, and I upgraded the RAM to 544MB, the HD to 135GB, the videocard to a GeForce 5600 FX Ultra 128MB, and the only problem is the processor now. It is a Pentium 2 366MHZ processor. I want to upgrade, probably to a 1GHZ P3, but a P4 would be better, however I don't know what my motherboard is compatible with. I've attached a few pictures from a program called CPU-Z, and I think these will help. What I need to know is what I should buy to upgrade my processor, because I've never done that before, and I haven't had the computer for very long, and I really don't have any clue what to do.

cpu4hd.jpg

cache8bk.jpg

mainboard6ws.jpg

memory9vm.jpg

spd1kg.jpg

WHy did you waste money on the RAM and graphics? Waste of money!!!!!!!!! Get a new PC. Build a new one.

How about clueing us in on the make and model of this system.

I tried to find some info on your mobo, but came up with nada. If I had the make and model, I might can find you some more information as to what CPU it could handle.

I can safetly say that you won't be able to do much with it, as it is a Celeron (P2).

There is no make and model of the system. It's a blank case with this in it. I just need to kow what type of processor my motherboard can support.

wow...you wasted your money on ddr133

that's so old, there'd no point in upgrading the CPU

just save up for a new computer, since there's really nothing to upgrade to for socket370 that's anything near decent

only socket 320 cpus so i would say only p-2's never cpu's use a different connection so you MUST get a new mobo to change the cpu there is no other way around this
sorry for being harsh but you gotta learn sumwhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom