Upgrading from Carbon-copy paper forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarKin

Beta member
I'm employed by a small business that is still using a PAPER filing system to keep track of customers. The boss knows I graduated with a degree in Computer Art so.... I got volunteered to figure out how upgrade the whole mess to the electronic age. There is one old computer (Windows 5) used for email, Excel and online re-ordering. Its located inconveniently far from the mechanical cash register and is very slow. I was authorized to look for hardware as well as the software.

The business is a shoe repair and tailoring shop so we get a LOT of small ticket items and unusual jobs. The main need is for a simple, quick program that can keep track of how many jobs are due on a given day of the week and provide a warning when a day is getting 'full'. If said program was also on something the size of a phone and could print from our existing printer - that would be gravy. (At this point I'm tempted to just suggest a whiteboard)

What sort of budget are we working with here? What computer and printer do you have (make and model for both)? What do you actually need the software to do, you mentioned "keep track of customers" but what does that involve? Do you just need to keep track of your customers and their orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom