Upgrades for a Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Z-

Baseband Member
Right now my computers doin ok with most games but i just saved up some money for some upgrades on it, n e one got any suggestions wat should i get upgrade? right now im looking at the amd 64bit 939's but thats been out for awhile now and im the type of guy that wants the top thing...im seeing that the new AMD x2's are coming out/ already came out...are those any better for gaming?

I'll been looking at Sli for awhile now and im planning on getting new Sli motherboard and cpu with 2X 6600gt's. Its goin to b better than my agp 6800gt but its it worth it to upgrade for something that MAY perform the same?

Honestly, wait another month or two (or longer) to update the graphics card. The 6800GT is going to be able to perform strong for several more months.

If you want the best graphics card, the new next-gen cards should be released in a month or two. Pick up one of the new ATI or nVIDIA cards then.

Agreed. The 2 6600GT's will actually probably perform a little under your 6800GT.

I would also wait for the next gen.

As far as the cpu, the bench's I have seen, the x2's are actually a little slower in gaming, but of course do add a ton to multitasking abilities.

the X2 will make no difference for gaming because games are not multi threaded. dual cores really only matter for multitasking. AMD's Athlon 64 single core CPUs are still the gaming champs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom