Upgrade time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikkon

In Runtime
Im thinking about upgrading my PC in the next few months. Im thinking about buying and AMD processor instead of an Intel this time, so I need to make sure that my new processor is worth getting over my current one.

Processor -> AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 512K, L2 Cache, Socket 939

Motherboard -> ASUS "A8N-SLI Deluxe" nForce4 SLI Chipset

And then I was going to buy another 9800Pro because of the SLI ability of the motherboard.

What do you guys think, is it worth the money ?

It'll be a decent performance gain, but really your current PC is really nice. I personally wouldn't do the upgrade, at least not quite yet. To tell you the truth, I'd wait until the price of some of this stuff starts becoming less expensive.
Plus, current games run fine on your system, right? So if you are getting good frame rates and you can play any of the new games fine, why bother for now? IMHO you should wait until you actually need the performance gain.
Just my opinion, though.

Honestly I don't think you will notice much difference. What are you doing with the old processor and motherboard ? (What's in your computer now)

You can only use Nvidia Pci express cards in Sli, They have to have the little pci bridge thing, 6600gt's , 6800gt's or 6800ultra's will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom